Friday, December 17, 2010

in the shades of evening

I've mentioned before that several years ago, the "crew" decided to do candlelights for everybody when they got engaged because we all knew that we would be done with chi-o before any of us had a ring on it.

We did one for Jenny this summer and my sweet, sweet friends surprised me with one this weekend!

We were all together for Jenny's shower on Sunday afternoon and we also got together that night to celebrate liserr's birthday! Jordy had to go back to t-town before it got too late, so she didn't get to join us for dinner, but she was definitely there in spirit!

While we were all hugging and saying our "goodbyes" in the Amsterdam parking lot, Cathy whipped this out...




We spent a little while trying to get the candle to actually light, but it was so windy and quite frigid, so we just pretended. It's ok...I've always had a pretty vivid imagination. No problems with make-believe from this girl.





I even pretended to blow it out :)



I then proceeded to tell the "engagement story" (that they had all heard before) as quickly as I could, so we could get out of the blizzard.



Showing off the bling (that they had all seen)




So...it's official. I have the best friends ever. You should probably be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment