Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding: Getting Ready

I apologize for my lack in blogging lately. I've just been swamped and wanted to give my blog topics the attention that they deserve. So, Jenny has been married for over a month and I still haven't finished blogging about her wedding. I'm a slacker, but I will try to make this my goal today...


First of all, the weather was BEAUTIFUL on March 12th. I really don't think God could have blessed Jenny with a more perfect day to get married. She and the weather channel have a really close relationship, so I'm thinking that maybe had something to do with it.

She got her (ballin') hair done at 2 Chic on South College. I met Jenny and Toni there, we ate breakfast (thank you, Don) at a little picnic table outside the salon and then made our way to the church.







When we got to the church, we hit the ground running. Jenny started doing her make up and other bridesmaids started showing up, so we kind of all got ready together.






THEN...it was time to put on the dress!! I will have to say that it was a group effort to get everything situated and in place, but the finished product was absolutely STUNNING!! Seriously. I have no other words.











Next was the veil, which made her look like a real bride. My emotions were pretty low key at this point. It was like none of this was really happening...just a dream.





Ahhhhhh!!!

For the next little while, we kind of hung out, took pictures, and I pretended that we were just playing dress up...homegirl was NOT about to get married.










Coming Soon...The ceremony!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment