Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding: The Ceremony

So obvoiusly, I don't have a lot of pictures of the ceremony because I was little preoccupied. But believe me when I say it was perfect!! There was such a sweet spirit in that church that really captured the hearts of Jenny and Andy (I can't really believe I just said that. Who am I? Oh well...let's go with it).

I was the second to last bridesmaid to walk down, so I had a long time to be anxious. Good news: I didn't fall, which is a miracle considering the shoes I was wearing AND the fact that I never wear heels...ever!

My only REAL emotional time was when Jenny and Don walked down the aisle. I have NEVER seen Jenny so genuinely happy and peaceful. It was beautiful. And Don...I can't really even go there. He just breaks my heart...but in a good way. precious.

I was pretty close to all the action, so I got to see the expressions and emotions on both Jenny's and Andy's faces. Their little hands were intertwined and squirming the whole time.

Their vows were so sincere and heartfelt...so special!

The music was aMAZing. There was a string quartet and the soloist (a girl Jenny and I went to high school with) was flawless! Her voice was so perfect for that ceremony!


So...I'm leaving out a lot of details, but you get the gist. It was really a beautiful ceremony and Jenny is MARRIED!!!!!




I do have some ceremony related photos. Here ya go...


our flowers....GORGEOUS!!



programs on some fancy, shiny paper...so pretty!



the guestbook Jenny and Andy got as a wedding gift. So classy and such a good idea!!



I'm not really sure how ceremony-related this is, but it's too good not to share. Actually, I'm not sure if I'm clear on the whole story, but I'll tell what I do know and make up the rest. Sound good? ok....Andy's mom has 5 kids. When the first son got married, his wife got her a handkerchief with their initials and wedding date embroidered on it. After that, Andy's mom got the initials and wedding dates of all her other kids on the same handkerchief! I will have to say that I'm a sucker for family traditions like these, but I thought it was so cool!


Jenny and Andy!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment