Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding: The Reception

Before we headed to the reception, the wedding party rode a bus to take pictures in front of Samford. It was so nice to be able to all go together! I didn't take very many pictures at the reception, I guess I was just caught up in the fact that Jenny was MARRIED!!! I can't wait to see the photographer's pictures!

The reception was at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center and it was wonderful!! I got to visit with high school friends, college friends and family....the whole shebang!



The food was delish and they even had some Momma G's style nachos...so creative! They had a candy station as favors for the guests. They were set up in different sized vases and had cute little scoops to go with it!

The DJ was fun and lots of people danced!  It was a game-time decision, but we decided to sing "shades", the little chi o song. SOME people forgot the words and Jenny said it was kind of awkward for us to be singing around her in a circle, but I'm glad we did it.



I didn't try to groom's cake, but Jenny's cake was soo good! And pretty too, of course :)

As Jenny and Andy left to get in their limo, we threw green confetti at them! They started dating on St. Patrick's day and Andy's mom's side is Irish, so it was a cute little theme! The confetti looked really cool! I think that maybe it was stuck to everything for a few days and the conference center may or may not change their rules regarding confetti, but I liked it!





When Jenny and Andy left, so did my control over my emotions. For some reason, that's when it hit me. For the rest of the night, I was in a really weird mood. It's hard to explain... it's not like I wasn't over the moon happy and excited for them, it was just weird feeling. I guess I spent all this time in denial, but when they got in that limo together, I had to face the truth.





Anyway, there is no more Jenny Piazza anymore. Her name is Jenny Barranco!! She is married. She lives with a boy. What is happening?!?!

So, even though this is all embarassingly tardy, I am still so very happy for Jenny and Andy! They're the cutest little married couple that I know and their wedding was ballin!!





...and it so is a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment