Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lincoln Lake

It has been COLD here for the past few weeks and I am just sick and tired of it. I really am in a much better mood when the sun is out and I don't have to scrape ice off my car and wear long johns every day. There was an "8" on the weather forecast the other night and I almost cried. I looked at Tyson in all seriousness and said, "what are we going to doooo?!" Clearly, I'm not a big fan of the cold weather.

This past Saturday, however, was glorious!! The weather was so, so nice! And even though we have about a million and one house projects on our list, we decided we had to take advantage of the sunshine and non-frigid weather.

So before we hung out with these little pumpkins...




we went for a picnic and hike at Lincoln Lake, which is just about 15 minutes from our house. It was probably my favorite trail we've done so far. It was longer than we expected, but the views were beautiful, the hike was just difficult enough,  and did I mention the weather was nice?!?




Oh, and we found a giant rooster on the side of the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment