Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whitney

I feel the need to interrupt my review of the past year to honor the great Whitney Houston.



I was so sad and honestly distraught to hear the news of Whitney's passing. I am still mourning her death and have a weekly (at least) tribute to her in my car. As some of you may know, Whitney has been on my prayer list for a number of years. Her struggles broke my heart. I knew she knew better and so did she. What an example of the truth that all the money and fame in the world can never truly satisfy.

Whitney was just a tad before my time, but I learned of her greatness through Eliz. I distinctly remember getting in trouble on the playground at Holy Trinity Preschool for singing "I Want to Dance with Somebody." I share this special fact to prove that Whitney was indeed a part of my life. What can I say? I guess I was a mature 4 year old. Actually, I was just a 4 year old that listened to whatever her big sister listened to.





I was a fan of Whitney and her "clear as a bell" voice all the way from "How Will I Know" to "It's Not Right, but it's Okay".  She was one of the true talents of our generation. She had one of those voices that you do not even try to imitate. It is rule that you never audition or try to perform a Whitney song. Some people might think they can do a Whitney song justice, but the cold hard facts are that you simply cannot. I don't care who you are. Nobody can. If you have tried to sing a Whitney song, then I'm just sorry, but it wasn't a good idea.





I am sad that Whitney is no longer here with us on earth. And I am even more sad that her last days were filled with so much pain. I do, however, find joy in the fact that y'all know she is up there singing with the choir of angels like nobody's business! Go 'head, Whitney!

I will close with one of my favorite Whitney moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment