Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Everybody get your hands up for boda getta...


I said it's great to be an Auburn Tiger. I mean, really. It is. I'm going to go ahead and say that it is always great to be an Auburn Tiger, but it's especially great right now. I love me some Auburn and I'm so proud to be a member of the "Auburn Family." I know...cheesy-cheesy, but if you haven't experienced it-I can't expect you to understand. For the first time in my life, I am located in a place where there are more bammers than Auburn fans. And let me just tell you, I'm not being dramatic when I say it's a little bit of culture shock. I miss being on the plains. I am constantly ridiculed for my loyalty to the orange and blue, but don't you worry... I have not once waivered. When kids come in my room talking about "boo Auburn," I quickly remind them that we do not talk like that in my classroom. Unacceptable. The other day, I had a conversation with a poor, young 4th grade bammer that went something like this...

little bammer: "Ms. White, I have a joke for you."
me: "okay...go"
little bammer: "knock-knock"
me: "who's there?"
little bammer:  "boo"
me: "boo who?"
little bammer: "Boo Auburn"
me: "You know what <insert child's name>, that is the difference between an Auburn and an Alabama fan. An Auburn fan would never say something like that." 



I'm real excited that we're numero uno right now, but I must say that it also makes me very nervous. I think it's about time that our boys got some recognition, but I hope it doesn't give them (or us) the big head.
I love me some Cam Newton. The whole laptop thing is irrelevant to me. Even if he did steal it, I believe that people can change and I believe that he is the real deal. Have y'all read this article...http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=rivals-1139741?  I'm so proud of who he is on and off the field. Lord knows we need more role models like him for our little children of the future. I believe he stands for what Auburn is all about and I just really like that. G'on head, Cameron.

Because I'm missing the loveliest village and the game day atmosphere that it has to offer. I decided to have a little pep rally on my blog. Feel free to grab your shaker and join me.


Alright, Tiger fans...get your hands up for boda getta!
Are-you-ready? READY!
Count off...1-2-3

BODA GETA-BODA GETA
BODA GETA BAH
RAH, RAH, RAH
SIS BOOM BAH
WEGL, WEGL
WAR DAMN EAGLE
KICK EM IN THE
BUTT BIG BLUE
HEY!



Alright, Tiger fans...get your hands up for Track 'Em!
Are you ready? READY!
Count off...1-2-3

TRACK 'EM TIGERS
JUST LIKE BEAGLES!
GIVE 'EM HELL
YOU WAR DAMN EAGLES
HEY!


Alirght, Tiger fans...get your hands up for 2 BITS!
Are you ready? READY!
Count off...1-2-3

TWO BITS
FOUR BITS
SIX BITS
A DOLLAR!
ALL FOR AUBURN-
STAND UP AND HOLLER!



Glory, Glory to old Auburn-
glory, glory to old Auburn-
glory, glory to old Auburn-
A-U-B-U-R-N!!


War Eagle, fly down the field.
Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War Eagle, fearless and true.
Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
On to vict'ry, strike up the band.
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell;
Stand up and yell, Hey! War Eagle win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land!


On the rolling plains of Dixie
'Neath its sun-kissed sky,
Proudly stands our Alma Mater
Banners high.

To thy name we'll sing thy praise,
From hearts that love so true,
And pledge to thee our loyalty
The ages through.

We hail thee, Auburn, and we vow
To work for thy just fame,
And hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished name.

Hear the student voices swelling,
Echoes strong and clear,
Adding laurels to thy fame
Enshrined so dear.

From the hollowed walls we'll part,
And bid thee sad adieu;
Thy sacred trust we'll bear with us
The ages through.

We hail thee, Auburn, and we vow
To work for thy just fame,
And hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished name.


<'scuse me...I need to take a break and get a tissue. that one gets me every time. lawd.>



I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
-George Petrie (1945)


<I'm sorry...is there anything more beautifully written? Thank you. I didn't think so either.>



What is Auburn?

Far be it from me to try to answer that question,
There are as many definitions of Auburn
as there are for Auburn men and women.

It would be safe to say, however, that Auburn is
much more than a football game.
It is much more than winning and losing.

It is a spirit. It is an attitude.
It is a way of looking at life and at one another.
It is, almost, a way of living.

Unless you have experienced it,
you will never know what it is;
you will never understand it.

Once you have experienced it, you will never be the same.
A part of you will , forevermore, be an
Auburn man or and Auburn woman.

-David Housel















No comments:

Post a Comment