Thursday, October 28, 2010

trick or treat. smell my feet.


I've never really understood that little rhyme and I'm pretty sure I got in trouble for saying it when I was little.


Tyson and I carved a pumpkin a couple of weekends ago when I was visiting him in Starkvegas. For the past few years, I've come up with the design and Tyson does all the work. I normally come up with something way too detailed to carve, but the T man always tries his best.

This year, I was a little more involved in the pumpkin to jack-o-lantern transformation.

Here's how it went all went down...



First, I cleaned the pumpkin out. Tyson couldn't really help with this part because he had a nasty burn on his hand. The pumpkin had been sitting outside for a couple of days, so the guts and goo were coooold!



Once our surface was prepared, I started producing several pages that looked like this. Just doodles and ideas.



This was our final design. Professional, huh?
I taped this to the pumpkin and poked little holes where the lines were.



Then Tyson got to work...


Do you see his little hurt hand? Poor thing...


The finished product!


Isn't he cute?

Unfortunately, Tyson said it fell in and turned into mush the next day. I'm glad I wasn't there.

Here are some pics from last year's pumpkin carving festivities...








Maybe we'll work on another one this weekend to make up for the loss of our poor little owl.
 



1 comment: