Thursday, September 23, 2010

i miss these little people


For those of you who haven't had a conversation with me in the past 3 years, I have nannied for a family for the past 3 summers. I realize that it's natural to bond with the people you babysit for, but these kids are literally like my second family. I love them like they're my own and I honestly can't imagine not having them in my life. Both parents work full time, but they take their parenting very seriously...and it shows. These boys are precious, smart, funny, polite, well-adjusted, and just overall pretty much my favorite kids around. Through the years we've gone to Monkey Park, mommy and me gymnastic classes (that's right...I was the mommy), Frog Legs, Chick Fil A, Concrete Park (aka Town Creek Park), the hospital to visit their new baby sister, the movies, Burger King, swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, All American, and the Grove Hill pool (back AND front) just to name a few. I've had some pretty good "mommy practice" with my boys and I think I will probably thank them for the experience when handling tantrums and bathroom accidents is a piece of cake when I'm a real mommy. I visited them last weekend when I was in Auburn and I think it just made me miss them even more. I could go on and on with cute stories, but I'm just going to leave y'all with a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!

This is from our first summer together...they were (and still are) all about some ice pops. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of dig them myself :)



Also from the first year...2 YEARS OLD. Couldn't you just eat them up?


 This might be one of my favorite pictures ever. This boy is all about some goggles. This summer, he would wear them even if we were playing in the sprinkler...bless.



bahahahaha!!


As long as everybody is fed, napped, and potty-trained, Frog Legs is a pretty cool.


B read to the twins for 30 minutes every day this summer. Precious lambs...


This is often the position I would find Christian in, he loves to explore and dissect things.



We had chores this past summer, mostly just for symbolic purposes. But trust me, this is not how my sweet little friend looked most of the time when it came to picking up sticks. I could relate to him, however, because ONE of my punishments as a child was to pick up sticks...I now have an aversion to yard work for this very reason.


This boy loves him some strawberry milk. He's also very particular about not putting the spoon back in the powder once it's been in the milk. Miss Rachel had to get that straight real fast.


This was at Monkey Park after I took them to the dentist one day...see what I mean about mommy practice?


 


 


 


 Me and my boys at my Senior Recital. They brought me flowers...it was emotional.

Okay, so I could post a whole lot more pictures, but I'll spare you for now and maybe save the others for another post. It's okay, really. You can thank me later :)


P.S. does anybody know how to get pictures beside each other on this thing? I'm getting a little annoyed with this -one on top of the other- mess.







No comments:

Post a Comment