Thursday, September 9, 2010

i've got it covered.

Heller.

I'm going to try to be deep for a hot second. This doesn't happen very often, so get excited.

I am seriously loving my job. Seriously. I know that there will be days when I want to strangle a kid, pack my stuff, and hit the road, but so far, things have gone pretty stinkin' wonderfully. It feels so strange to have a big girl job and a big girl life, but singing with these babies is one of the most natural things that I have ever done. I know, without a doubt, that this is where God wants me right now and it really is a pretty great feeling.

Now...having said that, there is something that my kids have been doing lately that drives me up the wall!! After having it happen several times and thinking about it, I realized that there is a parallel between what's going on with me and the kids at school and what God is trying to teach me.

In almost every class, somebody comes in asking-"What are we going to do today?", "Can we do centers today?", "Are we going to sing "Shining Star" today?" I don't know why, but this irritates me to no end. Finally, we had to have church in a couple of classes. I said to my sweet children, "Boys and girls...when you walk in this classroom, I already have a plan for what we're going to do. I have had this plan for a long time and it's not going to change...I've got it covered. You be the student and let me be the teacher.Please do not start off our day with questions like that because it's not going to make a difference and it's a waste of our time."

I don't know when it came to me, but I realized that I do the exact same thing with God ALL THE TIME. I am constantly questioning  His plan...wanting answers about what's next in my life. I want to know what's going to happen, how it's going to happen, and when it's going to happen. And just like the church meeting I had to have with my students, God is wanting me to put my worries to rest and He's telling me "I've got it covered. I have a plan for you."

Just sayin...

 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 9:25-26

God even takes care of little ol' birds, so I've got to KNOW that He's taking care of me.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 9:34

Amen and thank you Jesus. Can I get a witness?

1 comment:

  1. i love this! look atchu bein all philosophical n'all! so proud of my big girl lil suhstuh.

    ReplyDelete