Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding: The Bachelorette Party

The weekend of January 21st through January 23rd is a weekend that will not soon be forgotten.


As you know, Jenny is getting married SOON and we did our best to make her bachelorette party one for the books!

Her sister, Toni, was the mastermind behind this shin dig and let me tell you, honey did work. She thought of everything and worked so hard to make it a weekend to remember!



After months of phone conversations, reserving, cancelling, emailing, and confirming, the long-awaited Friday was finally here! For me, the day seemed to last FOREVER! I was so excited, I could hardly concentrate! Toni and Jenny came to get me right after my last class left. We piled (literally) into the car and made our way to the ham.




We got to the Embassy Suites (sooo nice! Who needs THE Ross Bridge?), got settled, and hit the ground running.

Our next stop was Sips n' Strokes. There were about 13 girls there to help get the weekend started! We ate some appetizers, drank some wine, got to be friends with our instructor, Collin, and did our best to create a piece of art.








After some sippin' and some strokin', we headed to Innisfree. Jenny boogied until she just couldn't boogie anymore. We finally headed back to our home for the weekend to get about 4 hours of sleep.





The next morning, we woke up and frantically got ready for the Bridesmaid's Luncheon at Chez Lu Lu. I loved the atmosphere of this place and the food was DELISH!





After our tummies had some much-needed nourishment, we kicked Jenny out and got ready for the lingerie shower that evening. Toni, Lindsey (Jenny's sister in law), and I decorated, got food ready, and took care of final details before everybody showed up looking adorable in their pajamas. Saturday night was pretty epic and I think it would be safe to say that we left nothing out when it comes to throwing a bachelorette party.












We woke up slowly on Sunday morning, ate breakfast at the hotel and made our way back home, where I immediately climbed into the bed and caught up on some sleep. Actually, I think my body might still be trying to catch up.



It still isn't real to me that Jenny is getting married. I thought maybe this weekend would do it. But in my mind, it was just a party. I was so happy that we could all get together to show Jenny some love before she goes off and becomes a married woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment